Epson Easy Photo Fix Technology
In Living Colour
- Epson Easy Photo Fix is the easy way to improve your photos - the software automatically picks up on any defects and corrects them to ensure your photos are the best quality they can be. It's very simple to use and is ideal for both beginners and professionals. Epson's Easy Photo Fix technology has just what you need to scan automatically or easily fix problem photos, slides, or negatives - with just one click.
So how does it work?
- Epson's fully automatic scanning allows you to simply place a picture on the scan bed. Epson Scan automatically previews the images and recognises the document source and type. This mode then automatically crops, optimises and scans the image. Home and Professional modes are also available for added image scanning control.
- There are three improvements that Easy Photo Fix can make to your scanned photos - colour restoration, dust removal and backlight correction.
- Epson Easy Photo Fix is perfect for photo, negative, and transparency restoration. Designed specifically for high quality photo and film scanning, the colour restoration software employs sophisticated technology to restore image colour that has been affected by fading through sunlight or other conditions. Epson Easy Photo Fix also removes dust by detecting dust particles and automatically adjusts the image if there is too much backlight. It then corrects the shadows to near-perfect quality.
- The colour restoration function of Epson Easy Photo Fix technology allows you to optimise your scanned images by restoring faded colours with just one click. It automatically adjusts the image by rebalancing the colour channels and effectively removing the colour casts caused by dark storage, light exposure and age. Even when stored in an album, a photo can turn magenta or orange, while a photo hanging on the wall can turn yellow or green. The good news is that Epson Easy Photo Fix can restore old, faded, color-shifted photographs to near original colours.
- Removing dust from slides and negatives is easy with Epson Easy Photo Fix. Old slides, negatives and photos can carry dust and be discoloured. With this software, you can create photographs that are as good as new by removing dust particles. The software detects the dust particles on your negatives and photos and adjusts the colours of the photo removing the shadows that the dust has created.
- Backlight correction is the third function of Epson's Easy Photo Fix. Sometimes when you take a photo, you may find there is too much background light in the picture, making the subject unclear and very dark. Easy photo Fix automatically detects light levels and corrects any shadows that may be in the photo to improve the quality. The resulting photo is then much clearer and more like the image you wanted to capture.