Epson is proud to offer unique features for document management implementation by providing seamless integration of Epson scanners within existing information systems.
Although digital copiers and MFPs are equipped with advanced features for the market, transforming paper documents into electronic data on busy copiers is not always the most convenient solution. Therefore, document scanners remain key products for many applications.
The document imaging process begins with the conversion of paper based documents to electronic files. Because paper files are costly to process, duplicate, distribute and store, digitalizing paper archives ultimately reduces operating expenses and overheads. Another consideration is the legal aspect of electronic documents which is evolving as a primary source of information. Therefore, we recommend that businesses should follow up on imminent and existing electronic document laws and regulations in order to comply with latest archiving requirements.
The innovative Epson Event Manager Solution bundled as standard with new Epson Business Scanner models offers a new outlook on paper capture integration and document management process. Hence the capture process can be fully customized to automate document capture process via Event Manager connectors to address any repository folder like network and ftp folder as well as any document management application like Microsoft SharePoint, OCR software or even make copy to local or network printer at a touch of one button.
- In order to offer a wide range of document management solutions, we have made sure that we support and partner with the best solution provider in the industry. From simple and efficient OCR tool to full document management system, your business needs will be fulfilled here:
- The Epson GT-30000 and GT-2500 scanners have been certified by Kofax, one of the leading ISVs, on the following titles: VRS 4.1, Ascent Capture 7.x (7.0 and 7.5) and Capio 1.5, Adrenaline Image Processing Engine (AIPE) and Image Controls.
- QuickScan Pro is an out-of-the-box, single workstation document capture solution from EMC Captiva. Using QuickScan Pro, users can scan in batches of documents and then view automatically separated documents with the ability to manipulate files before exporting them in popular file formats.
- ABBYY FineReader 8.0 is an intelligent OCR and document conversion application for professionals who need to convert their ‘static' documents like books, faxes and letters or articles into editable and searchable format, demanding the highest level of recognition accuracy and format retention. PDFs, scanned images and digital photographs can therefore be digitally archived. Versions for businesses - Corporate and Site License Edition - with ‘Hot Folder & Scheduling' even automatically process your documents while you are out of office.
- Thanks to Epson Business Scanners, many customers already take advantages of extended archiving capabilities, such as OCR,or scan-to-email. With the AcuLaser CX11N the following additional software is also included:
- Presto! PageManager: Simplified management of your photos and documents. Scan, perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and preview your documents. Use the handy Push-Scan function with which you can automatically scan documents from the scanner to your PC, without manually launching any program on your computer.
- Business Photo Index Print: A utility for printing the photo index of a directory. Business Photo Index Print creates pages with small photo samples of your pictures, arranged in a handy format for quick reference and indexing.
- Presto! BizCard: Scan business cards, perform automatic character recognition, and create a database of your contacts.
- Creativity Suite: A useful bundle of imaging applications: Scan-to-Email, Epson File Manager, Image Clip Palette (organize scanned images), Scan Assistant.